Recent Awards and Honours
- Fellow of the ISCA (International Speech Communication Association, Björn Schuller, class of 2020) for contributions to computational paralinguistics, and research and leadership in the speech processing community
- MMSP2019-GAIN Best Paper Award, IEEE 21st International Workshop on Multimedia Processing (MMSP2019-GAIN): Lukas Stappen, Vincent Karas, Nicholas Cummins, Fabien Ringeval, Klaus Scherer, Björn Schuller, “From Speech to Facial Activity: Towards Cross-Modal Sequence-to-Sequence Attention Networks”, Global Artificial Intelligence Network (GAIN)/IEEE, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 27.-29.09.2019.
- Best Student Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM 2018): Gil Keren, Sivan Sabato, Björn Schuller, “Fast Single-Class Classification and the Principle of Logit Separation”, IEEE, Singapore, Singapore, 17.-20.11.2018.
- Golden Core Award (Björn Schuller, class of 2019), IEEE Computer Society, 2019.
- Fellow of the IEEE (Björn Schuller, class of 2018) for contributions to Computer Audition
- Student Travel Grant, Panagiotis Tzirakis, INTERSPEECH 2020, 21st Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association, ISCA, Shanghai, China, 25.-29.10.2020.
- Student Travel Grant, Panagiotis Tzirakis, 2018 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2018), IEEE, Calgary, Canada, 15.-20.04.2018.
- Women in Machine Learning Travel Grant, Yue Zhang, 12th Workshop on Women in Machine Learning (WiML 2017), satellite event of NIPS 2017, Long Beach, CA, 04.-07.12.2017.